Welcome! 30 January 2007
COURSE GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
Dr. G. Mick Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, Cardinal Dougherty High School, World History II
Lesson Plans, Homework, course information can always be found on my blogsite:
Register for supplemental textbook material:
Class/Group and Student Information
Be sure to enter the correct class access code:
Period 2 Track 3, Class/Group name, World History II: (Enter class access code:
Period 4 Track 2, Class/Group name, World History II: (Enter class access code:
When you enroll or register, type the access code exactly as shown above.
Use all uppercase letters.
First time users:
To register in SuccessNet:
1. Go to www.pearsonsuccessnet.com
2. Click Register
3. On the first screen, type the class access code above in the access code field.
4. Follow the instructions to register, and write your user name on the blank line above exactly as you typed it.
5. At the end of registration process, the SuccessNet login page appears.
6. Log in by typing your user name and password.
Course information and additional content can always be heard on my Podcast:
Go to this site and enter your email address; you will be notified every time a new podcast is available.
Page for collaboration:
Grades can always be found on:
Dear Parents/Guardians, and Students:
Welcome! This information guide emphasizes that a participating student will be successful by completing assignments and positively interacting in class. Above all, I hope that students will enjoy the class but will also grow in their knowledge level and increase their life skills which apply after graduation. Listed below are expectations for the class.
Please review these and sign below.
1. Be in your seat and prepared for class when the bell rings with pencil/pen, notebook, and textbook(s), or any other assigned materials.
2. Obtain permission by raising your hand before speaking, or leaving your seat for any reason once the bell rings.
3. Follow directions and complete all assignments on time.
4. Remain alert, awake, and on task during the entire class period.
5. Above all, respect yourself, your teacher, and others and their possessions.
Grading Calculation: (at least three major grades are in each quarter) a total accumulation of points per grading period based on the following.
Task & Weight
1. Tests, 2. Homework/Presentations/Projects/Worksheets, 3. Quizzes
I adhere to a policy of PDP (Positive Daily Performance) which is based on my understanding that lifetime success arises out of what you do, day in and day out. Being prepared and ready to apply yourself with your school materials everyday is crucial.
Absence on Test or Quiz Day
If you are absent for a test/quiz it is your responsibility to make arrangements with me to take it. This is scheduled the day after you return to school. Points will be deducted each day you fail to do make up work.
Signing this form acknowledges receipt of the information. I ask that this form is signed and returned by the following school day. Please feel free to contact me for any questions or concerns regarding your child. I will return the email (quick response) or call ASAP.
Thank you for your assistance in making the class a positive learning experience.
Parent/Guardian (Please print name): ______________________________________________________
Signature of Parent/Guardian
Student: (Please print) ____________________________________________________________