1st, 5th, and 8th Periods, Honors World History II
1. * Why was the development of railways important to industrialization?
* How did it change people's daily lives?
* What were the economic and social benefits of the railroads?
2. p. 353, #20, and #21-22.
3. Work in pairs to create a concept map titled "Social Effects of the Industrial Revolution."
4. For those students who finish early: write an essay on "The Big Rock Candy Mountain." What has changed in versions of the song over time? What is the difference between the original Harry McClintock version, Burl Ives, Lawrence Welk, and in "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" How has the song changed?
4th and 7th Periods, Honors Business Economics
1. On p. 86, do #1-14.
2. You may work with a partner for #15-20.
3. If you have time, do #21-23.